Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sometimes



Sometimes.... my heart is so full that I want to throw my head back and let out one great, big, laugh. And not a half way laugh. A real laugh that makes your cheeks hurt and your eyes water.

And sometimes..... my days are so happy that I skip everywhere I go and smile at everyone I see.

But sometimes.... my heart isn't so full and my days just aren't so happy. And you know what I've learned? That's okay.

What if we were never unhappy here in this land we sojourn? What if we were always happy people, living our happy lives in a big, happy world? Would we long for Heaven? Would we long for the day when our sweet Abba Father will wipe every tear from our eyes? Would we still pray, "come quickly, Lord?"  Would the thought of leaving this earth and being with our Lord forever still make our hearts swell with excitement? ...Would we cling to Jesus with all we have?

All the time... I'm thankful that this is not my home.

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

" Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." Romans 8:23



No turning back,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. I love this song! I have been hearing it a lot on the radio lately and been singing along realizing once again that this life is not all there is. Praise God He is a good God who has given us a heavenly inheritance.

    I have been following your blog for a little while and have been encoruaged. God bless!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Ann,

      Thank you for your swe and encouraging comment! I love this song too, it is such a great reminder of all that we have to look forward to! Amen, we do serve such a good and faithful God!
      Love in Him,
      Alyssa

      Delete