Thursday, March 22, 2012

You Can't Run [or fly] When You're Holding Suitcases


A few Sundays ago in Sunday school we found our place in Genesis and read about God telling Abraham to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Brother Mike used that to remind us to be willing to give our all for Him, to be willing to sacrifice that which is most precious to us for Him, and not to drive our "tent pegs" too deep in this world. When we release something to God, He replaces it with something even better. The reward is far greater than the sacrifice.


"And without faith it is impossible to please Him. He who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a REWARDER of those who diligently seek Him." ~ Hebrews 11:6
And I believe all those things with my whole heart! In my early teen years when I was still in public school, I began to feel God press on my heart that I needed to come out of the public school system. This meant great sacrifice. It meant giving up all I had ever known school to be: friends, cheerleading, tennis, beta club, awards, homecoming, dances, even graduation this year! It meant letting go of so many things that I thought I couldn't live without. With much uncertainty, I decided along with my parents that I would finish my highschool education at home. Once I finally surrendered all His hands, He replaced all that was surrendered with things worth far more than any of the surrendered things ever could. Eternal things. He filled my heart with joy and taught me to fly. He rewarded me with Himself! And words cannot even describe how awesome and faithful God was during that time of testing, how He provided much better things than the things that were surrendered. I grew so much closer to my sweet Savior and so much more of my life was focused on Him. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world! What a precious season of my life that was!! The things of this earth grow strangely dim in the light of His great glory and grace. God said to Abraham in Genesis 15:


Genesis 15:1 NKJV


"After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."


HE is our reward!! I love that! It is soo true! "In His presence is the fullness of joy!" Psalm 16:11


Remember, friend, when you take a leap of faith, God will do one of two things: He will catch you, or He will teach you to fly. And it's awful hard to fly if you are holding suitcases. ;-) Let them go.


"Behold, this is our God for Whom we have waited..." Is 25:9


Love in Him,
Alyssa


alyssa0343@hotmail.com
alyssa.psalm37.4@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I just love that picture Lyss! :)Those vintage suitcases are just lovely!! haha i love you! ~S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!! Lol! Good to see you on here! Love you too! :)

      Delete