Sunday, January 22, 2012

Passion 2012 (Glimpses of Eternity)

Hey y'all! A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to go to Passion 2012 in Atlanta. Louie Giglio headed it up. He had some great men of God preaching as well. I am so thankful God worked it out for me to go! I almost thought I wasn't going to get to after several plans fell through, but He is faithful and provided a way. :)




There were soooo many great lessons learned that week! I think the thing that will stick with me most though is the 27 million people who are in slavery around the world. Slavery is prevailing now more than ever ~ even more than during the African slave trade. One of the biggest and most disgusting forms of slavery is sex trafficking. Women, little girls, little boys, and even men are being used and sold against their will. And you know what almost took my breath away? Atlanta, Georgia is the main sex trafficking site in the world. IN THE WORLD! Wow. That shocked me. So what do we do? God calls His children to be kind and to do justice:

"He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?"


~Micah 6:8

So we have to be their voice, because if we don't....then who will? So 45,000 college students came to Atlanta prepared to do something big about it. By the end of our 4 days together, we gave 3 million dollars towards the cause of slavery! YES! Praise the Lord! We had to stand in line to give, and after we gave, we were directed out to the International Plaza. There were stations set up filled with things that represent people in slavery. The station included little girls dresses, shoes, balls, Christmas decorations (one of the things made by people in slavery) etc. We got to decide which item we would like to write a prayer on for them. I chose a little girl's dress. It breaks my heart that girls as young as five years old have to go through something like sex trafficking. Here is my dress:



The things that we wrote our prayers on were used to make a huge piece of art ~ Something that would stand so high and shine so bright that it would make a statement to Atlanta. We are being His hands. 



Then, on the last night, we had a candlelight vigil for those enslaved. We walked silently from our community groups to the international plaza, where the giant hand stood representing freedom. At 12 AM, candles began to be lit. Slowly, the whole international plaza was illuminated, and the hand was lit! Screams of freedom and songs began being sung. "We'll be a city on a hill, burning brightly. We'll be a light to the world, shining Your glory."



 Another amazing experience at Passion was the music. Every time we came together, we sang songs of surrender, like "We raise our white flags, we surrender all to You ALL for You! We raise our white flags, the war is over LOVE has come, Your love has won!" There were times when we all would be singing out acapella, 45 thousand voices strong, heads back, eyes heavenward, hands lifted. Completely surrendered. The only thing I can compare it to is Heaven. That is what I think Heaven will be like. Lots and lots of people, God's people, singing to Him, worshiping Him with all they have! The KING will be in our midst in Heaven though, and I can only imagine what I will do.



Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for You Jesus? Or in awe of You be still? Will I stand in Your presence? Or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I. Can. Only. Imagine....

Thank You Lord for precious times with You at Passion. Thank You for reminding me to surrender all. You are worth my all, and way more than I could ever give. And yet You love me still. You are my greatest JOY! I love You!





The sweet group I went with. :) I am second from the right.



I hope you have a great week filled with getting knowing Him more.

Love Always,
Alyssa
Psalm 37:4
John 3:30

2 comments:

  1. Toally going next year. :) Lovin' the blog, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You need too ~ It is so good! Thanks RuthAnne! :) I love yours too, thanks for inspiring me to start mine!

      Delete