Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Becoming...

A few weeks ago, I began praying about starting this blog. I wasn't sure if this was something God had for me to do or not. It kept coming to my mind again and again. I finally prayed that if this is what He wanted me to do, that He would give me a name for it. A few days later, this word came to mind: Becoming. Becoming! I love that word because as Christians, we are always becoming more and more like our Savior. We are being made and formed into His likeness. He is constantly chiseling away parts of us that do not look like Him. Sometimes the "becoming" hurts, but it always ends with beauty.  
“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
~James 1:2-4
I didn’t understand the “count it all joy” in this verse for a long time. It took “various trials and the testing of my faith” for me to understand. The reason I can count it all joy when I face various trials is because it is those trials, those hard times, those valleys, that are making me perfect and complete in Him! That day won’t come until I stand before my Maker in Heaven, but those trials are His precious hands working in my heart.
The next part came a bit later after a little more thought: His Lily. Becoming His Lily. Have you ever read Leslie Ludy’s books? I highly recommend every teen girl to read them. I read them a year ago, and they changed my life! I love how she used the verse from Song of Solomon 2:2. “Like a lily among the thorns, so is my darling among the maidens.” Being His girl means being set apart, like a lily among the thorns. We are in this world, but not of this world. We shine a beautiful light into the darkness, which is Christ Jesus. I yearn to be that pure, perfect, white lily that my sweet Savior intended for me to be before the foundations of the earth were formed. For now I am still becoming, still learning, still enduring. I am okay with that though, because my Jesus is walking beside me and guiding me along this precious journey of becoming His lily. He is always faithful.
Love in Him,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment