Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Things

“Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert.”
Isaiah 43:19

This seemed like a great place to start a blog. New things. One thing I have learned about my sweet Savior on my journey of being His is that He loves new things. He loves to bring new things from the old, broken things and make them beautiful. It happens when you least expect it. Early in the morning, just before the sun rises, is when it is the darkest outside. Pitch black. And then, as you stare into the dark, eerie sky, wondering when and even if it is coming, it happens! The sun begins to peek over the horizon, and with it brings the gift of beautiful, new light. New things. Beautiful things. Needed things.
I have prayed about starting this blog for a while now, and I believe now is the time. This will be a place where I will share what is going on in my life, what the Lord is doing in my heart and what He is teaching me. I will go ahead and let you know that it may not always be pretty, because I want to be real. I am definitely not a perfect person. I’m just a sinner saved by a perfect God. A perfect Savior Who is my joy, my strength, my light, my song, my salvation!! Everything good in me comes from Him and anything good that comes from this blog is from Him. It is ALL because of Jesus. I am so humbled and thankful. I hope and pray that through this little blog that you will find comfort, encouragement, and most of all a Savior who loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa ~ I enjoyed visiting your blog. I love seeing how God continues to use you for His glory!
    Love you lots, KK
    ~ Psalm 46:10 ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KK, Thank you so much for your comment and sweet words ~ You are an encouragement to me!
      Love you lots back! :)

      Delete